Aiko: A Hook Only Rainbow Loom Design
AIKO is a Japanese female name which means “Ai” love or affection and “ko” child. It’s my fave from all of the three. But all of them are cute and pretty of course!
So without further adieu, here are the things you need to make the Aiko hook only rainbow loom design. Let’s get looming!
What you need:
1. RL hook or crochet double ended hook.
2. Set of bands. In my example I use RL Opaque Dual Layer in Blue Denim and Pastel Green and Blue from Carnival Mixed.
1. Make a standard 6-loops set-up. For those who are not familiar with a 6-loops set up, you can find a tutorial on this link.
2. Insert a new band through the middle 4 loops.
2a. This is now it should look like after doing Step 2. There should be 4 loops now on the hook.
3. Insert a new band all through 4 loops on the hook.
4. Reclaim the first loop nearest to the hook tip. An arrow point to which band is the first loop on the picture above.
5. Insert your hook in the middle of the band on you inserted on Step 3. Hook up and reclaim the 2 middle bands below it. An arrow also points which 2 bands I am referring to
5a. Reclaim the 4th loop back on the hook.
6. Close with the band inserted on Step 3.
6a. Switch the 1st loop to 2nd loop and 5th loop to 6th loop. It should now look like the picture above. There should not be crossing or overlapping loops at this step.
7. Insert a new band all through 6 loops on the hook.
8. Reclaim 2nd and 5th loop back on the hook then close.
9. There should now have 4 loops on the hook. This is the last Step for the sequence. Now add another band on each side to make it 6 loops then repeat Steps 2-9 until desired length is achieved.
Your very own Aiko hook only rainbow loom design bracelet is now finished! 😄
Should you try and make this hook only rainbow loom design, please don’t forget to hashtag it to #aikoracelet and #nelldesign and tag me @koolitskee on Instagram. I am also excited to tell you all the news that as I make my instructables here on my website, I may also film my tutorial soon! So, give me some love and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you all so much in advance. You can now also subscribe to my website by registering your valid email on the form at the right side of this page. Please use a valid email for email confirmation. Thank you!
For further questions on this design, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And please follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of my new designs and updates. Thank you again and see you on my next tutorial!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!