Hello everyone! Good day to you all! It’s my big day today! Yes, but to me it’s just one of those another ordinary day. 🙂
I was super excited to post this one as soon as I read it from one of my favorite designer/crocheter Repeatcrafterme. The company is Yarnit and they have this brilliant idea that will make us crocheters and knitters very very happy! Ms. Kate Sullivan is the inventor of Yarnit! And as I quote from them:
It is an innovative, multi-functional, American made yarn globe. Protects your precious yarn, increases your knitting and crochet enjoyment.
Yes, you read it right! A Yarn Globe! Isn’t that sound really exciting? It is durable, strong and virtually indestructible! The glass is made with the same material as the eyeglass lenses! They are calling it “The Big Sully”. Here is how it looks like.
No more running after yarn balls. No more struggles on entangled yarns. Just all calmness and continuous crocheting and knitting. One in the list of every crocheter and knitters dreams. The promise of the Yarnit Globe is not only ending there. It is not only unbreakable, it would also keep your yarn from dust, dirt, and even your pets hair! It has portholes that will continuously and effortlessly flow your yarns through. The top of the globe has 2 docking slots, to rest your needles. Keeping the tips protected and stitches safe. It also has a portable storage for your small things like the markers and needles. No more loosing when you need them items. It also came with a shoulder straps which allows you to carry your project anywhere, anytime. There’s no stopping you now!
The Yarnit base is made of latex free material which hold its grip to any surfaces. This will secure your Yarn globe in place when you work but wouldn’t cause any damage to area where it sits firmly. As you can see on the picture above, the base could also be use to store some of your tiny things and always needed to use notions.
Here are the benefits and features of the “Big Sully Yarnit”
The Big Sully will be made from Crystal Clear Lexan just like our original.
- A 7” in diameter globe, large enough to accommodate a full skein of most yarns (not huge supper saver double skeins) without having to ball or cake them first. Great for those who like to work from the center pull.
- Multiple yarn holes to accommodate from Chunky to fine yarns.
- A special insert will separate the interior into two sections so you can use multiple 50 gram balls, perfect for doing color work. Or just use it as an open bowl.
- We still have the needle docking slots on the top of the globe but now they will be designed with all your needle gauges. Both knitting needles & crochet hook sizes 2 to 17. US, UK & Metric.
- The base is still our original Yarnit base design that holds securely without damaging surfaces and is the perfect place to keep your Yarnit scissors, Yarnit stitch markers and darning needle.
- And what about that often needed 6″ ruler for those important measurements? Yep It’s included!
- The Big Sully will have it’s own built in locking system
- At 7” we think it would impractical to carry the Big Sully around with a shoulder strap so none will be included but like the original Yarnit it is still lightweight, highly portable and will still sit in the cup holder of your car.
The Big Sully pretty much gives everything you need to ensure the best crocheting and knitting experience you will ever have. If I were given a chance to have one, I would like to have their Midnight Star Yarnit. First because the base is my fave color, plus I love working at night! Perfect for my profile! See her below to see what I mean! Isn’t she lovely? You will get this with their Reward #8 as a backer of this project.
I am writing this post just to help spread the good news to all of you. I believed in the cause and thoughtfulness of the creators of this product to all of us crocheters and knitters. To know more about this Kickstarter program, please click here.
Please show them our love and support by visiting their kickstarter page! Pledging just a little or showing them that you like their product will surely goes a long way! Without all of your help their prototype “The Big Sully” couldn’t be brought to life. Kickstarter is an ALL or NOTHING platform. All of the pledges means nothing and you wouldn’t charge a penny if their goal is not met. There are still 15 days to go to help them. So my fellow crafters, crocheters and knitters let’s join forces!
Thank you all for your time, and see you in my next post!
If you have any inquiries, questions, or just want to say hi, you can reach me through my social medias. And please don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of new updates and stuffs. Thank you again and see you on my next post!