Bonita: Rainbow Loom Hook Only Design
BONITA is another design made by yours truly. It’s a design that is also base on a 6-loop standard set-up.
Bonita means ” pretty little one” in Spanish. Name as such because this design is small and a little narrow. Pretty in the wrist if its a bracelet and cute as accessories like bag tag or a keychain. This design is the 2nd of the 3 little hook only rainbow loom hook only design I made just recently al base on 6 loops as a base. Another one coming soon!
And without further adieu, let’s get looming!
1. RL hook or crochet double ended hook. I used the latter for easy flipping of the bands, because you may need to turn the hook in the process, to mirror the other side of the design.
2. Set of bands. In my example, I use RL Opaque Gray and Persian Black.
1. Make a standard 6-loop set up base for a hook only design. I also have a tutorial for the standard 6-loops base on this link.
2. Insert a new band under 3 loops. Do not close yet.
3. Leave the 1st loop. Reclaim 2nd loop. Leave the 3rd loop.
4. Close the other end of the new band then FLIP the bands on the hook or slide it to the other side.
4A. Repeat Steps 2-4 on the other side (2 pictures below the upper picture are labeled in pink for steps 3 and 4). It should look like the picture above at this moment, 6-loops on the hook.
5. Insert a new band all through 6 loops on the hook. Do not close yet.
6. Reclaim the 2 center loops.
7. Close with the other end of the new band. You will now have 4 loops on the hook.
8. Since we have only 4 loops left after executing Step 7, add 1 more band each to form another 6-loops. Repeat from Step 2-8 until you achieve the desired length of your accessory. You can insert another band through all the loops on the hook before closing. Don’t forget to use your C-clip to keep them together when you finished.
Note: As you progress with the design, you may wanna pull the sides to emphasize the flair borders. Just a little pull on both sides.
There, your own Bonita bracelet/key chain/bag tag.
Should you try and make this hook only rainbow loom design, please don’t forget to hashtag it to #bonitabracelet and #nelldesign and tag me @koolitskee on Instagram. I am also excited to tell you all the news that as I make my instructables here on my website, I may also film my tutorial soon! So, give me some love and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you all so much in advance. You can now also subscribe to my website by registering your valid email on the form at the right side of this page. Please use a valid email for email confirmation. Thank you!
For further questions on this design, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And please follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of my new designs and updates. Thank you again and see you on my next tutorial!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!