Braided Hemp: Using Finger Loom
Braided Hemp is my very first design using rainbow loom products, I wasn’t using the original ones before (bands and looms, Finger Loom) because it is not yet available in our country.
As the name implies, Braided Hemp because, this design looks like a rope. The body is kind of cylindrical and like a rope this is also braided. Patterns on the front and back are the same. Also on both side are of the same patterns. If you are digging for a light log-like bracelet, light and easy to make, this is the one for you. Though looking solid, its very comfy if it is made as bracelet. In this tutorial I made it as a Bag or Cellphone charm.
Braided hemp is made on 4 pins or pegs of a rainbow loom, or monster tail or a Finger Loom. As long as you have 4 pins or pegs to use, you can make this design. In this tutorial I will be using a Finger Loom, also an original product of Rainbow Loom.
So without further adieu, let’s get looming!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. A Finger Loom.
2. Set of bands. In my example I use Rainbow Loom Jelly bands in Clear, Yellow and Navy Blue.
1. Make an “8” figure on two (2) pegs/pins of the Finger Loom.
2. Make another “8” figure on the opposite two (2) pegs/pins of the same Finger Loom.
3. Add 2 of your 1st color bands (Navy Blue on mine) on top of the first 2 pegs. Make them parallel to each other. NOTE: You have to remember how you the orientation of the bands because you should not interchange the pegs for the other color of bands you will put next. I used the Rainbow Loom logo on the Finger Loom as my guide.
4. Add another 2 bands, your 2nd color band (Yellow on mine), across the first set of color bands you use on step 3. It should look like the one on the picture labeled “4”
5. At this stage, There should be 3 layers of bands on each pegs. (Clear, Navy Blue and Yellow layers). Pull over the very bottom layer, the clear band layer up and over the peg.
6. Add another set of your 1st color band (Navy Blue) on the pegs with the same orientation as the bands on Step 3.
7. At this step, there should again have 3 layers of bands on each pegs (Navy Blue, Yellow, Navy Blue). Make an Inverted Stitch on all 4 pegs.
Inverted stitch: pull second layer band over the third layer band then pull that third band up and over the peg.
8. Add another set of your 2nd color band (Yellow) on the pegs with the same orientation as the bands on Step 4. Repeat Steps 5-8 until you reach the desired length of our bracelet or charms.
9. When you reach the desired length, leave the last 2 layers of bands on each peg.
10. Place a new band on all 4 pegs of the Finger Loom. Execute the last step at this stage. if there are still 2 layers left. Just pull over the very bottom band up and above each peg.
11. Pull over all the remaining bands and gather them on just one peg.
12. Get your c-clip and secure all 4 bands in it. If you are using a regular small c-clip, you can insert a new band on it before securing it.
You can also add charms and bling like I did. I used pearls, beads and metal charms and attached them with jump rings. I also used a small cellphone lanyard to make it a cellphone charm. I hope to do a tutorial on how to attached these charms soon on my future posts. So, I hope you could all subscribe on my email listings for updates and new posts. Subscription on the right side of this post.
There you have it! Your own Braided Hemp made on Finger Loom.
Should you try and make this hook only rainbow loom bracelet, please don’t forget to hashtag it to #braidedhempbracelet and #nelldesign and tag me @koolitskee on Instagram. I am also excited to tell you all the news that as I make my instructables here on my website, I may also film my tutorial soon! So, give me some love and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. You can now also subscribe via email, by entering your email at the right side of this page. You must have a valid email because we will send you an email that you need to confirm from your subscription to this website. Thank you all so much in advance.
For further questions on this design, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And please follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of my new designs and updates. Thank you! See you on my next tutorial!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!