Hi! It’s been awhile again. I just hope that when I skip posting, you guys are not bored and forget me :D. I am so glad you always comes back and read my post when new ones comes in. Thank you!
Today, we made this one DIY Candy Kit (Do-It-Yourself) that we have from a good friend of mine from Japan. This is together with the KitKat Pudding I reviewed the last time. I am excited about this because, this is my first time doing this and 2nd time for my kids Because they did the Donut DIY candy kit with their Aunt.
Oekaki Gummy Land is one of the many DIY candy kit of Kracie Poppin Cookin, which I think is a candy brand in Japan. There are various DIY kits offered in Japan and Poppin Cookin is one of those that are really popular, even in other countries. But I believe these can only be bought in Japan straight. Others who sells this still import them in Japan. Oekaki is a Japanese word that refers to an act of drawing a picture which comes from three Japanese word/prefix お: O which is a formal prefix, 絵: E which means picture, and 描き: KAKI which means to draw. At first we were curious to what cute things are we gonna make with this kit. My kids were very thrilled and excited.
Curious as we all are, we are also a little confused on what are we going to do with it. the packaging is in total Japanese characters, and obviously we cannot read Japanese. Though the back has pictures on how to do it, we were still confused. But that’s one fun of it, just don’t messed with it too much or everything will be put into trash, hehe. So, here is the back of the packaging that I’m telling you with instructions.
What is inside the pack:
The Oekaki Gummy Land Kracie Popin’ Cookin’ DIY Candy Kit comes with:
- Mixing Palette – this is where we place the powder that is included and mix. There are also slots for the mixing colors so you can make other than the 3 ones included.
- There are also (3) three candy packets which we found out that are flavors powders. The Yellow one taste like Lemon (the sour one), The Blue one taste like Soda, and Red one taste like Grapes.
- It also Mini Cookie Cutters which will be use as a mold for the Gummy Candy. I believe it is different in every pack. We got shapes of fish, heart, flower, and giraffe in this pack. Others have dolphins, boats and some other shapes. It also include a mini for which will be used to mix the flavors and remove the gummy candy on the mold.
- It also has a water dropper which will be used to suck the color mixes to make a new one and dropper for the gummy candy itself to make one.
- Lastly and most important is the Gummy Powder packet which is really essential because this is the one that really makes the gummy part of this kit.
To know how to make Oekaki Gummy Land Kracie Poppin Cookin DIY Candy Kit please click here.
The taste: The texture of the gummy is like ordinary gummy, but soft and chewy. It taste sweet yes, but more of like sour maybe because the lemon, grape and soda are somewhat sour tasting too. My son says, it is sour but it’s OK and tolerable. But both of them didn’t finished them off maybe because they start to sting their tongue a little.Overall, we may consider trying it again for the fun of it, but not too much for the eating. But again this maybe just us, other would have love this better than we do. And also, adding the other half of the water dropper I think really helps to lessen the sourness and too much sweetness in it. So, if you want the same, you can do like what we did.
I hope I did a well judgement on this product. And I hope to post some more of these in the near future. I hope you enjoyed skimming through my post. Good day!
For further questions, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And you can follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of new updates and posts. Thank you and see you in my next review!
If you found this article helpful, please do share and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!