Curly Wurly Bracelet is my new but not so new hook only rainbow loom bracelets original design. It’s been awhile now since I posted my own original design for rainbow loom bracelets. This hook “fiddling” I made 28 weeks ago. I posted it on my Instagram but haven’t got the chance to make my tutorial yet. I was actually trying my luck to have this design in line for tutorial with Claire’s Wears YT, but sadly I miss a requirements and got disqualified in her contest. Ehehe. Maybe it’s not yet my time yet. So today, I’ll be teaching you to make it. It’s a simple standard 6-loops base bracelet with simple looping all throughout the process.
Your finished product will look like this.
What you need:
1. RL hook or crochet double ended hook. It maybe helpful if you use a double ended hook so that you need not to get the band out of the hook when you flip and do the same steps on the other side. I use a double ended hook in this example.
2. Set of bands. In my example, I use official Rainbow Loom in Silver, White and Purple from Metallic Mixed pack.
3. C-clip. I use large colored c-clip in purple for my sample.
Here are the steps in making the Curly Wurly Bracelet:
1. Make a standard 6-loops set-up. For those who are not familiar with a 6-loops set up, you can find a tutorial on this link.
5. Insert a new band (*) under 6 middle loops (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). This new band would be the curly part of this bracelet. So don’t worry if it’s not looking like you wanted while making it. You can always arrange it when you finished.
6. Reclaim loops 2, 4, 5, and 7, then close. It should look like this now.
7. Insert a new band (*) under first 4 loops.
8. Reclaim just the 2nd loop then close. Flip the hook then do step 7 and 8 on the other side.
9. At this point, you should be back at the the beginning with 6-loops. Continue repeating steps 2-8 until you reached your desired bracelet length. Make you you pull on a little on the side to show the curls and tighten the middle part a little.
I hope you had fun making this Curly Wurly bracelet! I would love to see what you made by tagging me on Instagram. I would really like to see what color combos you will make. And please don’t forget to hashtag it to #curlywurlybracelet and #nelldesign.
And also as excited I am to tell you all the news that as I make my instructables here on my website, I may also film my tutorial soon! So, give me some love and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you all so much in advance.
Here are the other views for the Curly Wurly Bracelet
For further questions on this design, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And please follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of my new designs and updates. Thank you! See you on my next tutorial!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so, so much!