This is to teach beginners on how to make a standard 6-loops set-up as a base for hook only rainbow loom designs. It is very useful for hook only loomers as their base or framework for their designs. It is also a base for a lot of hook only designs invented so far. Some of mine are also based from a 6-loops set-up.
It is pretty simple and easy to make so let’s get looming!
What you will need:
1. An RL hook or you can use a double ended crochet hook if the design needed to be flip to make steps on the other half side of the set-up.
2. Set of bands. I used RL Mixed Pastel Bands for my sample.
1. Make and “8” figure or what loomers called “capped band”. Itbis made by twisting the band to form a figure eight. This makes 2 loops on the hook.
2. Insert a band through 2 loops on the hook.
3. Reclaim one side of the capped band before closing the other end on the new band.
4. Insert another band through first 2 loops on the hook.
5 and 6. Reclaim the second band from hook then close. Flip the bands from the hook or slide them to the other side if you are using a double ended hook. Repeat Steps 2-6.
You have made a standard 6-loops set-up base for a new design or existing design to try!
Thanks for you time and don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts for updates.
For further questions, you can reach me through my social media at the right side of this page. And you can follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of my new designs and updates. Thank you! See you on my next tutorial!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!