Do you ever want to shop online but it is in the US and you have no relatives to buy and send them for you here in the Philippines?
Hate waiting for your package from the US to arrive because it takes more than a month?
How about, feeling downhearted because the shipping costs will drain your wallet?
I think I might have a solution for you!
Me and my hubby has been shopping online since 2009 if I remember it correctly. I have also been asked many times by relatives and friends how I do it. So I help some of them to do the same. There are other ways to shop online in the US and this is just one way to do so. So far, all items that I ordered reached me safe and sound.
In this post, I will give you the steps on how to use Johnny Air Retail Padala service to shop online in the US. But before you shop, make sure you have a credit card (at least master card) or a Paypal account that you can use in buying online for items that you want or else, how can you buy right? I know a lot of people have a bad experience in credit cards. It is OK to have one just as long as you know how to control yourself in using it. And always use it wisely. In my opinion otherwise, I think Paypal is the safest way to use though in shopping online, since they offer refund just in case your seller is proven fraud or a scam. If you have it, then you are good to shop! However, if you plan shopping on Amazon, Paypal is not an option for payment as of now.
Disclaimer: This is in not sponsored by or related to any of the employees of Johnny Air. I only want to share how to use their service because it helps me and I want to help others too.
Here’s a step by step on how to shop online in the US:
- Browse online through the US websites that you like to shop or buy something to.
- Choose your items to buy and when you reach checkout, fill in the fields with the information below. Remember that we are going to use JAC’s US office address for shipping, and they will be the one to ship the items to you in the Philippines.
(Your full name) (CC) c/o Analyn D.
Johnny Air Retail
6904 Roosevelt Ave.
Woodside, NY 11377
Tel No.: (718) 672-7080
3. Write your full name on the shipping address and CC your contact person in JAC New York office, so he/she will be the one to look after your package coming from your seller. And also the one that will process the shipping from the US to the Philippines. JAC has other contacts you can also use, but I am used to Analyn and is coordinating with her ever since. You can check here for other option. See example below.
- 4. Next, you can give Analyn or any contact you chose a heads up that you shop online and address your package in their office and write their name as CC. Likewise, forward the message to your contact when you receive a confirmation email/update from the seller. It is also better to give them the tracking number of your package so they can monitor. This will also makes them ship your package without delay. As soon as they get, they could ship it ahead to the Philipines. You will also need to mention if you’re going to pick-up your package in their office in SM Megamall or Makati. You can also opt to have it delivered to your house COD, just provide your contact details.
- 5. Lastly, wait for your package to arrive in the Philippines. Usually takes 5-10 days to arrive from the US. The duration will depend on how long your seller sends your package to JAC NY. In my case, it is usually 3-5 days before my package reach Woodside office depending on the availability of the item you ordered. So, roughly around 8-15 days or less waiting. Sometimes, I only wait for a week Not bad if it’s direct from the US seller to the Philippines who will probably use postal service or third party courier. Which normally takes more than a month to arrive. Plus the worry if your item will ever reach you at all. I don’t mean to loose your faith in our postal service
As soon as your package arrive, someone in JAC (PH) will contact you through call or SMS to confirm of it’s arrival. In my case, when I instructed Analyn (my contact in the US) to have it shipped to SM Megamall so I can pick it up, it is Paciano who contacted me. Along with the confirmation on their text, they will also let you know how much you should be paying for the service. They usually charge $5 shipping/handling fee from US to PH, plus the volumetric fee of the package (min of 2lbs), plus the VAT (if paid in the Philippines). This is all in USD and will be converted into Philippine peso on the day it arrives (foreign currency rate of the day). Conversion is usually a little higher than what you can see on the internet. I am not sure how they get it, but I remember it is always a little higher. So, to save you from being disappointed, always convert $1 to Php 50.00. In this way, you will know, it is more or less than what you computed. But I tell you, this is not bad at all.
BTW, I believed volumetric fee will only be charge if your package is over sized and it is rate by package dimension. The chargeable weight is always actual versus volume weight, whichever is higher. So if you item is heavy even if it is small, they will use the actual weight than the volume weight. Something to remind you when shopping. As for the volumetric fee of the package, it is computed LxWxH in inches divided by 166. The multiplier depends on the type of item you shop online. You can find the updated rates here. When you buy electronic items, they are also adding charge to that. I think they call it surcharge, which I think is some sort of an insurance for your electronic items. The fee depends also on what type of electronic you buy, around $15 to $30 additional per piece. Buying luxury items like couture bags and clothing has also additional fees if it reaches the value of $500 or more. And they require insurance for items $1000 or more in value which is 5% of the value of the item.
Well, there are the steps. I hope I did cover as much as I can to help. But if there’s anything you wanted to clarify or ask, you can comment down below or send me a message in any of my social medias, or through our contact page. And I would also love to hear success shopping story from all of you who found this article and try what I did. I think I will make another post on another way you can buy something in the US other than using JAC services, so I hope you come back once in awhile or subscribe on my website so you won’t miss a thing.
Thank you and have a lovely shopping, rather, lovely day!
Have you joined my giveaway? It’s a thank you to all who supported us. I’ll be doing it monthly so, if you haven’t entered yet, go on and visit my Instagram @koolitskee for the rules on how to. Thank you again for dropping by and reading. It means so so much!
You can purchase some of my amigurumi finished products at our Facebook store , on our IG store or at my Etsy. And please don’t forget to favorite and follow my store for your future reference! I also do digital designs service, just convo me for more information.
If you have any inquiries, questions, or just want to say hi, you can reach me through my social medias or at our contact page here. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @koolitskee for more of new updates and stuffs. Thank you again and see you on my next post!
If you found this article helpful, please do share, and you’ll make me smile forever! Thank you so much!